Thank you for considering Cranbourne Carlisle Primary School for your child’s education.

We are currently accepting enrolment for children from Foundation (Prep) to Year 6.

2024 Foundation (Prep) enrolments

The Department of Education has released a new statewide Foundation (Prep) enrolment timeline. Starting School

The timeline advises families when and how to enrol their child into Foundation (Prep) at a Victorian government primary school, including Cranbourne Carlisle Primary School.

The new timeline will apply for children starting Foundation (Prep) in 2024. All government primary schools will follow the new timeline in 2023 to support Foundation (Prep) enrolments for the 2024 school year.

You can find information and resources about the new timeline, including factsheets and the ‘Foundation (Prep) Enrolment Information Pack for Parents/Carers’, at: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep).

You will be able to apply to enrol your child in Foundation (Prep) 2024 at Cranbourne Carlisle Primary School from 8th May 2023.

What you need to do:

  1. Contact our school Cranbourne Carlisle Primary School to book a school tour or to learn more about our school and the enrolment application process
  2. Download the Foundation (Prep) enrolment information pack from Enrolling in Foundation (Prep)
  3. Visit CCPS office to submit an enrolment application for Foundation (Prep) by Friday 28 July 2023
  4. You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 11 August 2023. If you receive an enrolment offer, you should contact our school to accept the offer by Friday 25 August 2023
  5. Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4, 2023
  6. Your child will start Foundation (Prep) from Tuesday 30 January 2024.

Enrolment applications submitted after 28 July 2023 will be processed by our school as they are received, in accordance with the department’s Placement Policy.

Foundation Pre-enrolment forms need to be filled in at the school office. Please call on 5991 3600 to arrange an appointment.

General Pre-Enrolment forms are available here and need to be submitted to the office for review before the enrolment process can begin.

When can I register?

Victorian children are allowed to start school on the first day of the first term as long as they are 5 years old by April 30 of that year. If you live in Victoria, your child must enrol in the year they are 6 years old, which is mandatory starting age.

Registration Requirements

The following documents are required to complete your child’s enrolment in Victorian Public Primary School:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Immunisation Certificate (to be obtained from Medicare)
  • Passport and Travel Documents (Visa) for non-Australian citizens.
  • A Signed Lease, Unconditional Contract of Sale or New Home Building Contract listing the name and address of the parent/ legal guardian of the student to be enrolled.
  • Parent photo I.D (Licence or passport)
  • Medical information eg Asthma / allergies
  • Years One to Six must also provide a copy of the most recent school report prior to enrolment.

PLUS two of the following:

  • Council Rates Notice listing the name and address of the parent/legal guardian of the student to be enrolled.
  • Utility Bills linked directly to the property listing the name and address of the parent/legal guardian of the student to be enrolled (eg. electricity, gas or water)

Our school zone

To find your designated school zone go to findmyschool.vic.gov.au which hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones.

Students residing in this zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.

The Department provides guidance through the  Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.

Our School zone boundary is shown below.

For enrolment to before and after school care, please see our page on OSHC.

You can find more information on the Department’s website under Enrolment or by clicking the link here.